Everybody loves a wedding, right ? Who doesn’t like to get an invitation to a wedding, we all do. How wonderful it is to see the bride, dressed in a beautiful white wedding gown, her hair just perfect, she’s had her nails done and her jewelry compliments her gown so perfectly. Well my friends, spring 2022 is almost here, and the wedding season is about to begin.
There will be bridal fairs where vendors will display their cute wedding dresses, flowers, jewelry and all the other special items associated with todays weddings. I remember years ago I was one of those vendors, we were displaying and selling grand pianos at a bridal fair in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was a terrific experience getting to meet and speak with prospective brides and an occasional groom to be so excited about their wedding and their future.
But, let me ask you. Have you ever wondered why most brides today wear white, and, when did that all start ?
Table of Contents
Yes, it was Queen Victoria of England back in 1840 when marrying her Prince Albert she chose an ivory colored gown. It didn’t take long afterwards for brides of the day to begin to follow her example by also getting married in a white dress. Typically in those days a bride-to-be would wear her best dress (or Sunday Dress), to get married in.
It is said that by the mid nineteenth century, white wedding gowns became all the fashion.
Prior to that time, a bride would never have even thought that she would only wear her wedding dress once, the idea was proposterous, even for the wealthy. If a bride, who was not of Royal Heritage, had a special dress made for her wedding, it would most likely become the dress she would wear to church on Sundays. This tradition, for Western women changed once word got out of what Queen Victoria had done.
The Most Popular Dress Styles
Anyone who has done even the smallest amount of research into styles of wedding gowns available today, I am sure, may have been completely overwhelmed with so many, styles, colors, fabrics and price points available. There are so many things to consider, for example;
1) Your body type (What styles/colors will be the most flattering).
2) Dress color (depending in large part on your hair color & tone of your skin) or white.
3) Length of the gown (floor length, knee length, above the knee, etc.).
4) Shape & style of the neck, shoulders & bust of the dress.
5) Sequins, crystals or other adornments placed on your gown.
6) What about the wedding venue? A beach wedding for example would demand different attire from that of a church wedding.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. This does not affect the purchase price”
So Many Styles To Chose From….
So, are you ready to find the perfect gown for your upcoming wedding ?
Here are some insider tips from Womens Apparel & More:
- Its time to do your research, that’s right, search the net, rip photos out of bridal magazines, visit as many bridal salons as you can. Leave no stone unturned. Look at Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest too.
- It is really important that you keep an open mind. You probably have a pretty good idea of what kind of a cute wedding dress you will like, but, please consider all options. You may find something completely different that you will absolutely fall in love with.
- A lot of brides will want to lose some weight prior to the big day, but, when it comes to choosing your new gowns size, please choose the size that you are at that time, not a smaller size. It is a lot easier to take a gown in.
- You should allow plenty of time for your new gown to arrive or to be made. It could easily be delayed for some reason, Better to be safe than sorry, right.
- You must get a firm handle on the budget you will be working with, then try to stay within that budget.
- Before you begin your search you should already have selected the theme for your wedding including colors, fabrics, etc.
- When planning your budget, be sure to include the accessories you will need such as jewelry, shoes, bag and veil.
Well, that’s it for now..thank you for reading through to the end..
We are here to answer your questions and help in any way we can. Please put your questions and comments in the box below. We have linked a few of our favorite gowns above if you would like to take a closer look.
We do appreciate you reading this post and are looking forward to hearing from you.
PS If you would like to have your own FREE website like this one , and earn 100.00 to 1,000.00 per month part time you can check it out HERE.